Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Do you have good rest ? ok we will continue our journey into step 2
Step 2: After downloading the source file, you need to store it onto your linux server.

I'm download the source using my XP pc and transfer it to linux using my winscp programme
Then you need to extract the files. For me, I'm put the source to /usr/local/src/nagios
How to extract ? use this command line # tar -xvf xxx.tar.gz { xxx refer to you file names }
As a linux techie, after you extract the files, you need to read the most important file : README
Please read this file ..README, I'm sure this will help you to understand the whole process.

In linux, nothing come with automate installed. Why ..I think it because Linux itself got so many version ...geee Do youknow how many linux out there ? Name it for me ...

ooh.. I'm forget to tell you on PREREQUISITEs , you need this ...
  1. Apache [Httpd]
  2. GCC compiler
  3. GD dev Libraries
Then you can start compile your nagios ...
The step of installation are very clear ... you can read tru the file name INSTALL.htm
Continue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online